Friday, November 17, 2006

Boredom

Today was total boredom. Three hours spent at district court sitting there watching and waiting. Why do I have to be the one to arrest the tweaker who's not going to plead?? Everyone else who was there on a tweaker got to leave early. Not me. She wants to take it to trial. I had to wait two hours and forty five minutes so I could give five minutes of testimony. The girl's backpack had meth, syringes, a spoon with residue, and other assorted paraphernalia. She said the bag was hers..... She's guilty, why can't she just say so in court??

When I finally cleared court I arrived back in my area where NOTHING was happening. I took two calls all night. Both were agency assists, and no big deal. I thought I'd get something out of my heroin house. Nope, no activity. I decided to try the local potheads' place. No luck. Parked down the street from my meth head with warrants house. She wouldn't come outside to play. I couldn't find anything.

Ok, enough of that frustration. On a brighter note I've gone a week and a half and not had to take a traffic accident!! You can't beat that!

7 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Brent said...

You have to take the "good times" with the "bad times". After you've been on awhile you learn to appreciate the slow shifts. I know, I know, you want everything to be fast and furious right now. Don't worry, it will come.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger ENFORCER said...

Wow,
Fresh outta the academy and already hating MVA's and nitwit suspects. You'd fit in good here.
Great Blog

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Big Pleb said...

That happens in the UK as well, called to present at 0945hrs and still sat there at 1430hrs without entering the court. Its a waste of time and money but its the way the court system works. The offenders get all the time in the world to plea. They should have one chance at the police station when interviewed and thats it.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we live the same life? I can't stand court. Sitting there for hours only to find out that "they" finally took the deal.

And oh do I hate TC's.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Front Porch Society said...

I never understood why the guilty ones have to take it to court. It only makes them look even more stupid and it wastes everybody else's time.

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got quite the spam following.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Fire Safety Grants said...

Hello,

We just launched our new PoliceOne.com Blog Directory and we would like to feature your blog on it! We would first like to know if you would want to display our RSS feeds or do link exchange. If you are interested please email me at darcy.carroll@praetoriangroup.com.

Here is a link to our blog directory: http://www.policeone.com/law-enforcement-blogs/

Best,
Darcy Carroll
darcy.carroll@praetoriangroup.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home